Monday, April 27, 2015

First Sermon!!

I am so excited I cannot stand it!!
I will be preaching for the first time very soon!
I have spent the past week trying to kick butt on my sermon, and it was hard, lol.
 
     I realized at first that I was trying to hard. Then, I had a friend tell me about a separate issue that I need to accept everything about myself. (Mostly, we were talking about how I'm "gemini" and therefore "dual-natured.") I got to thinking though, he was very right. I was trying to work on a sermon that was going to speak to the congregation... that is so not who I am, lol. I am a lot of things, but people pleaser is not one of them anymore. The reason I feel a call to preach is because I am different, and the sermons I have been working on are not based on what people are used to.
     I got to shock a fellow employee at work last Friday when he asked what I was doing. "Working on my sermon," I said. He did a "double-take." Then I finished with, "on Star Wars." Jaw drop!
I loved it! That is why I want to preach! (Not necessarily for the jaw drops.) It's the rebel aspect, lol. Christ himself was a rebel of love, and that is what I want to bring back!

No comments:

Post a Comment