Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Questionable Sanity

We all know that the most attended church day of the year is Easter Sunday...
     Does every Easter Sunday sermon have to be the same?

     I know- I know! The whole point of this Sunday is to celebrate Our Risen Savior. I am not putting that down. I am just questioning the fact that every church does roughly the same sermon on this day all over the world. This is the day that our church will be packed to standing room only, and we are repeating the same sermon that they have already heard every year.
     Like I said, I probably have very questionable sanity for bringing this up. Am I only one who has thought of this though? This is like the pivotal chance when the spotlight is on this moment and what we preach is what will hook these one-day-a-year'ers into coming next Sunday, and the Sunday after that. They come, some, mostly out of habit hoping that this year they will hear or experience something that will change them. I know the power of Christ changes people, and I am not neglecting that. Isn't there a way that we can present this in a "new" way, though. A way that is so "out of the box" that people are stunned into coming again? They go home questioning what they heard so they have to come back next Sunday to see if it was right. This coming Sunday is the day the whole church should be ready to "shock" the masses. That's what Jesus did after all. I want an Easter service that shocks me. Something that I "haven't heard before".
     Please direct all comments to my questionable sanity as a Christian below please.

*No, this was not a April Fool's, lol. I do think like this from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment