Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Work for the Lord

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters," 
-Colossians 3:23

     I was on my way home one night and I was exhausted. We have all been there- I was on my last nerve with a tired and hungry toddler, wore out from a disastrous day at work, and knowing that once I got home I still had things to do. My only thought was "make it stop." Then it hit me- God gifted me with my family, and a job so I could take care of my family. Here I am, sitting in the car wishing it away...to what end? God has given me everything and he knows that I am able to take care of it, but do I? It says in Colossians, in black and white, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord..."

     I realized, it doesn't mean just my job. I have to be the best mom I can for my son, because he is my gift from God. I need to the best wife for my husband in honor of God. I do the best at work as if I was literally God's secretary. This gives me a sense of completion to my day, I don't feel like I dropped the ball when I close my eyes at night. I start to look at every aspect of my day as a personal act for God, and I feel prouder of myself and my actions; as a wife, mother, individual, and a Christian.


No comments:

Post a Comment