Friday, June 19, 2015

Father's Day

Ephesians 3:14-15
"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and of earth is named..."

The dictionary's definition of father is: a male who exercises paternal care over other persons.
My definition of father is: someone who taught me honesty, courage, and strength; someone who taught me the meaning of work, family, and faith; finally but not last, someone who stood beside me in everything and reminded me it's all about one day at a time.

I know that on this day we celebrate our fathers, but sometimes two words mean more than anything else: Thank-you! Thank you for every minute and lesson you gave to me. No matter how hard it was on you, because we grew together didn't we?
And, honestly, I think George Strait said it best:

Last night I dreamed I died and stood outside those pearly gates.
When suddenly I realized there must be some mistake.
If they know half the things I've done, they'll never let me in.
And then somewhere from the other side I heard these words again.
And they said, "Let me tell you a secret about A Father's love,
A secret that my daddy said was just between us.
You see Daddy's don't just love their children every now and then.
It's a love without end, amen, it's a love without end, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment