Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wings clipped

     I was listening to For King and Country in the car and it reminded me of this time when my sister wanted a parrot.
     She did so much research to set her reasons for having a bird. Of course my parents' answer was no. I knew the thought of having a bird in the house was not acceptable to either my parents or my grandparents, but let it never be said that my sister is not persistent. We just happened to be in a pet store during that time, and they had a parrot who just hopped from branch to branch. I remember my sister explaining to me what they did to birds in order to keep them as pets. They have to have their flight feathers clipped. To keep a bird it would have to have certain feathers cut so it could not fly away.

"You're a lion full of power who forgot how to roar,
You're an eagle full of beauty but you can't seem to soar."
                                -"Run Wild" by For King & Country

     These big beautiful birds are created by God to fly and just so "man" can keep them to satisfy our want of their beauty we have to destroy it's purpose. I am not one of those hugely-vocal-animal-rights'-people, but I can't look at these creatures and not see myself.
    We are animals in captivity. Let's face it, there are a large percentage of claimed Christians who don't use/believe/acknowledge the power that they have! We are like animals sitting at the zoo. The devil keeps us in this pretty cage of the world; clipping our wings, putting pretty diamond collars on us, etc.

"Are the walls to lock you in or to keep others away,
And if the doors were to be opened would you leave or would you stay,"
                               -"Run Wild" by For King & Country


     There is a big cat preserve about an hour from my home. My husband and I visited it last spring along with my son and in-laws (my husband and I participated in a 5K fundraiser for them). Their number one purpose was to help these cats finish living out their lives. All of the cats were there because they cannot be returned to their natural habitats! These are cats that have been raised with attempts at domestication, cross breeding, and various other situations that do not know how to survive the way they were created to. I will also be the one to say that I would love to own a white tiger, but did you know that white tigers are unnatural? Every single white tiger on the planet is inbred and with that inbreeding comes a lot of health problems; all the white tigers had either eyesight, dental, and/or neurological issues. The workers were explaining that most of these animals would not know what to do if they were released into the wild.

     Wake up everyone, we are in the wild! The more we try to conform to the "cultural" view of the "world" the more we lose our God-given power! I remember growing up and the huge concern was for the rainforest, lol. Save the animals. Save the trees. We are in the same boat as those trees and animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment