Saturday, December 5, 2015

Thanksgiving


 'Tis the Season!
 
      I have never traveled for the holidays. My family is centrally located, so to say. My husband is originally from Ohio, and that is where all of his family is; except his parents. I got to do the best thing this year and planned Thanksgiving in Ohio. We took an off year from basically my family and we stayed the weekend with his Aunt, Uncle, cousins, so many second cousins, lol.
     Anyway, last weekend in Ohio reminded me what it is like to have all the family together for a giant dinner, and the hours of catching up. I missed it. I didn't realize this was something I needed as well. I loved the idea of packing up and visiting the family. I missed watching the Macy's Day Parade while fixing dinner, the family falling asleep on the couch after all the eating and talking, and taking Friday to go do something together to ring in Christmas!
   
     The thing I wasn't planning on was that it would mean so much to me. That almost sounds bad, but it's not. My parents divorced right before Thanksgiving five years ago. The holidays have been hard ever since. I was just married and we were trying to figure out how to balance both of our families for the holidays, and then my side just doubled. I was raised very close to my family and multiple holidays for everybody's side because they can't act like adults is very hard. Let alone my family outweighs my husbands, and now we have a feeling of somebody's is more important than the others.
If you are ever in Akron, Ohio you need to go see Stan Hywet Hall!!!
 
     After dinner Thursday my husbands' cousin, Angie, asked what we wanted to do. I am a pinterest-er and said that I found there was a castle around here and would love to go see it.  Angie said I have the perfect place and they should be decorated for Christmas.
     As you can see below they go all out for Christmas time! The place was beautiful and we had so much walking around looking at the lights and house. The house was built by F.A. Seiberling, the creator of Goodyear Tire & Rubber! There was a slow drizzle all night, but it didn't stop the fun of all the kids; even us big ones. Angie and I were like kids in a candy store. I truly had an amazing time with my family.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment