Thursday, December 10, 2015

Mary, did you know?

 
      The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."
      Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with god. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob's descendants forever; his kingdom will never end."
      "How will this be, " Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"
      The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. For no word from God will ever fail."
      "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May your word to me be fulfilled." Then the angel left her.
 
 
One of my favorite Christmas songs is "Mary, did you know?", and
my favorite version is by Pentatonix.
 

 
 Maybe it touches me differently now because I am a mother...
Either way, every time I listen to the lyrics I cannot help but wonder "Mary, did you know?"
 
 
Mary, did you know that "when you kiss your little Baby you kissed the face of God?"
That every mother holds their newborn and can only imagine how they will change the world.
 "The sleeping Child you're holding is the Great, I Am." 
 
 
"This Child that you delivered will soon deliver you."
"Did you know that your Baby Boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?"
Did she know that she would have to watch her son die?
 
Think on the verses from Luke that the angel said to Mary. 
"Son of the Most High," "God will give him the throne," and
"his kingdom will never end."
She knew.
 The pain, and in the end the absolute Glory of her child... she knew.
 
 
Mary, did you know that your child's birth would become about getting the best deals?
Listen to this miraculous song and start thinking about how we treat the Advent season...
 
These three photos say more about Christmas than anything else today.
Christmas is... celebrating the birth of our Savior and the sacrifice of the perfect Lamb!
 
    My sad moment happened when we came home from Ohio. While there with my husband's family I bought my son a Fisher Price Little People Nativity and when we got home I gave it to him to set up and play with. He didn't know what it was! Talk about fail-mom moment, but I got to turn it into a learning experience for the both of us!
 
Just never forget... Mary did know!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment