Tuesday, December 15, 2015

My Greatest Blessing!

This was my absolute favorite picture of my son until last night!
     From the moment I had my son I knew I had something special. The first time my Pastor held him she said that he was anointed. I will admit to praying for a little girl during my pregnancy. (The relationship I have with my father is one that I wanted for my husband so badly. I thought it would help heal his heart.) With every little thing though God once again proved that he knew better. The mother-son relationship has saved me more than I can count, and he's only four! My son was a straight miracle delivered into my hands by God, and I will never forget that!
 
 
     Following my call into ministry my husband was afraid that our son would have "religion" forced upon him growing up. That has never happened. My son loves God and church so much that it makes me feel inadequate sometimes. God uses my son in so many ways. During my pregnancy with Connor I was the healthiest I had ever been since being diagnosed as a Type 1 Diabetic. That should have been my first sign of the blessing I was about to receive. When I have had a bad day Connor will out of the blue start singing some of our favorite Christian songs! Below is his favorite song "My Savior My God," by Aaron Shust.
"My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God: He was, my God; He is
My God is always gonna be"
 
 
     Connor's favorite place to be is in church. He loves Sunday mornings, and we actually pass our church on the way to work/daycare everyday so he is always asking to stop there on the way home just to visit it.
     Thanksgiving made two years for us in our home. I know a handful of people in our small town from when I was little and my school friends lived here. I have another handful that I have made in our two years here from being a "regular" and church attendee. Two weeks ago on our way home Connor was ooh'ing and ahh'ing over the Christmas lights that people in town had up. After the third night he said that he wanted to take his dinosaur cards and give them to everybody who put up lights. I loved the idea and that he is always thinking of appreciating others. So this momma, as of yesterday, has written 32 Christmas/thank you cards, and we have made four trips through town to pass out cards to every house with Christmas decorations! I could not be a prouder mom! Last night on our last trip I got this amazing photo of him and it has become my new absolute favorite!
 
 
I just can't thank God enough for the joy and blessings he brings into my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment