Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Star Wars.... at a church near you?

    
     Well, today is the big day, lol. I am going to preach my first sermon tonight. A lot of shock and awe at the church tonight probably. I've never heard a Star Wars sermon before, but I am trying it.

     Why did I think I could preach, lol? I don't like public speaking, lol. Funny statistic though- most preachers or evangelist were originally shy and not good with standing up in front of people. Sad to admit, but I don't believe I have ever prayed as hard as I have been doing since Saturday. So nervous, and just praying that God uses me and I can honor Him.
     Maybe by the end of the week I will get my sermon posted on here. I give all preachers credit- it is definitely not as easy as it looks, lol. I just keep reminding myself what my instructor told me, "no matter if I do bad or good the Holy Spirit is working."
 
     It was a God-thing this morning that while running late and trying to get ready I found a random business card that I had written this on the back of over a year ago...

        Luke 10:42
        No matter what happens, if you have chosen to follow God you will always be blessed.
        Choosing God means it can never be taken from us.

*That is not the actual verse. This was written as a footnote to my study Bible for this verse. It is talking about when Jesus went to the home of Mary and Martha. Martha was busy with preparations and was upset that Mary was just sitting at Jesus' feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment