Monday, September 15, 2014

Sunday's Sermon

     Yesterday was amazing at home as well as at church. My Pastor can always make my hair stand up, and yesterday especially got to me!
"Christians have accepted that because we are all yet sinners we have no right nor do we have any business standing up to someone else about their sin." -Shelly Zook
     It's so true, and that itself is so sad! Do you have that one friend or even family member that you don't bother to correct or try talking to because you know they will throw your own past back at you? I do, and it's actually a couple of family members.
     Being a Christian means we have a responsibility! We are to love and save the world, but that doesn't mean we back down or allow ourselves to be walked on! Be bold- loving, but bold. We do not sacrifice our morals to prove our love as Christians.
     How can we do this?! They will call us hypocrites or bring up that thing I did when I was a teenager... We have the power to do this because of Jesus Christ! He died for us. We are a part of the Kingdom of God! So why are we allowing guilt over something we have been forgiven for to control our witness and the saving of another person? Read it this way: We are ignoring our forgiveness from God so we can feel guilty and not help or witness to someone else... That sounds horrible. Is that really what God wants us to do?
     I am so blessed that I have a couple of best friends that call me out when I mess up, and that God forgives me. Being a Christian is not easy, especially surrounded by people of the 'the world'. Jesus said:
"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet." -Matthew 10:14
     It is also mentioned in Mark and Luke. We are not asked or told to stand and accept it.
                                                          It really makes you think...



*Inspired from Pastor Shelly Zook's sermon "Regret-FULL."*

No comments:

Post a Comment