Monday, September 22, 2014

Awesome Weekend!

      Saturday was my first day of CLI (Church Leadership Institute)....amazing! I enjoyed it so much! My teacher is funny, and I'm the youngest one enrolled but everyone in class is incredibly friendly. It's kind of mind blowing to be in a class with four pastors. I learned so much in my first day, lol. I'm pretty sure I have a sermon put together, lol. It's nothing like when I went to college at Evansville, but in a way it kind of is. 9am to 3pm is basically a note-taking, discussion-group with lunch for an hour and a couple of hot chocolate/bathroom breaks! My class is Intro to Old Testament, and we covered quite a bit of Hebrew. It's very cool to realize how the entirety of the Bible works together to reinforce itself. Just the Hebrew meaning of the names (people, places, and events) alone is that wow/duh factor, lol. It was so much fun, and I'm kind of bummed my next class is three weeks away.

      Sunday was a very good day as well! We had our church picnic after service by the local playground. Baptists sure know how to cook (says the diabetic, lol)!! Lunch was awesome, and if you went away hungry you had problems of your own, lol. After my husband, son, and I finished eating we walked over to the playground to try everything. It was awesome! The thing I love most about our church is that I trust every one of them to keep an eye on my son. Three years old- he loves to move! It's not just them keeping an eye on my son- it's that we all watch the kids no matter who they belong to. My husband and I were out there with our son, but it didn't take long for the rest of the kids to run out and play. I love the fact that the kids feel like they can play with us. I remember growing up, there were some adults who you could ask to play with you and there were some who didn't do that kind of thing. I am blessed that they know they can run out and play and hang out with us.
     After we walked home and had our naps, I finished painting the last of the blue for my son's Batman room! I'm so excited to be doing this for him- he is super excited as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment