Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Dynamic Duo!

     Right now I think churches and Christians in general need a Dynamic Duo- a Preacher and a Teacher! Right now God is trying to open the doors and show me my role in this world. I was shown this one day:
Preacher= changing hearts / Teacher= changing Minds
     Hmmmmm... I want to do both, but I really like teaching people the logic of the Bible and letting common sense lead them to thinking. When you look at the world today and the future generations you realize that they are closing off theirs hearts more everyday. "Be rational," "the heart is fickle," or "your heart will get you in trouble." Kids are being taught to not be so emotional. How can you change their heart when they are turning them off? Change your thinking and your mind will follow... Then the heart will have an experience and follow as well.
     My sister is a good example- She feels like her feelings have betrayed her so much already (in her young life) that she will not make choices based on her feelings no matter what they are.  She makes the choice that is the most reasoned out to her. Even if it is not always the smart choice...just whatever makes sense at the time.
     People need to be taught that the Word of God makes sense... all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment