Thursday, February 9, 2017

Books to Start 2017

     So in case you didn't know, I am an avid book reader! My book passion started from a very early age, but in fifth grade my love for reading went to another level. That summer I read 100 books for our local library's reading challenge. Ever since then I have read hundreds of more books. Last year wasn't my best year for reading though. Lots of stuff was happening and I just "couldn't get my head in the game." So my TBR (to-be-read) pile is pretty big right now. I have some books goaled to get read by April. I have high hopes with my intentionality this year that I can do it!

Here are the six books I would like to get through in the next two months; titles are links to Amazon.com.







Unoffendable, by: Brant Hansen
  
     I listened to Brant Hansen on Air1 radio during his three year career there. I knew I had to read his book: the idea that "righteous anger" is a myth. Learning to give yourself peace by choosing to not be offended. Sounds very needed in the world today.













Dealing with Diabetes Burnout, by: Ginger Vieira

     This, of course, is not for everyone, but I am very excited about reading this! Encouragement is a hard thing to get when you're a diabetic. Staying on top of everything while doing everything else is such a challenge!











 


Girls with Swords, by: Lisa Bevere

     I love Lisa Bevere! She is a phenomenal evangelist! I have two other of her books, and I have been excited and waiting to read this one! Women need to arm themselves with the word of god! Going to be a review done on this one!












Life Together, by: Dietrich Bonhoeffer

     I have not heard of Dietrich Bonhoeffer until recently, but this book was recommended to me and it sounded like an excellent try! Bonhoeffer lived in WWII and was a Pastor and conspirator against Hitler. This book is about the community of believers.













360° Preaching, by: Michael Quicke

     Title is pretty much self explanatory. This is for my personal development in preaching and exegesis. Several pastors in my CLI classes have recommended this to me, and I got it as a gift the end of last year. This talks a lot about approaching your sermon from all senses.












Emotionally Healthy Spirituality, by: Peter Scazzero

     So this as a recommendation from a Christian vlogger, and it looked good. Just the tagline of the book: "It's impossible to be spiritually mature, while remaining emotionally immature." Sounds like I may get prodded for some more growing!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment