Monday, March 21, 2016

Winter Jam



AMAZING!
     Winter Jam was phenomenal!!! It was worth standing in line to get in, but next year I will definitely be leaving earlier!!!!! I found two new bands to listen to, and I got to see For King & Country!!

For King & Country
      The thing I love the most... it's church! Several of the performers said it Friday night, "We are in church!" People from every walk of life sitting (mainly standing) worshiping Christ is nothing short of heaven. To hear the Word preached with such love, conviction, and devotion will absolutely move your soul.
 
     Evidently Lauren Daigle is a huge thing, it was amusing to hear the banter on that all night. I got to hear my two favorite songs from Crowder: Lift Your Head Weary Sinner and I Saw The Light! I am now in love with Newsong and Red (new-new favorite)!
 
Red
     Believe it or not even standing in line was awesome! There are always the people who keep to themselves, but thankfully in our case we had an awesome group behind us as excited to get in as us. I wish I could drag everybody I know to these experiences.  The singing, praising, praying, and messages were just...perfect. It's the worship experience I have been craving- true, raw, freedom to be in Christ.
     I am striving to attend at least a concert a year. You have to be careful though, because these worship experiences can become addicting in a way. Going to concerts and huge group conferences, like Joyce Meyer's Love Life, are not everyday worship experiences and are not meant to be. Some people become addicted to the mountain high they get at these events and forget to dive into the daily-fed worship that we should have with God.
 
     I am planning to see Rend Collective in April with my friend Cindy! Also, Winter Jam announced something happening in July at D.C.  It's called Together 2016! Inviting all Christians from all over to stand together in worship and prayer to God for our country!!!!! How amazing?!?!?! Seriously, planning a road trip for it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment