Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Realizing you have grown up...

     There are a lot of things that happen in our life when we realize that "we have officially grown up". Getting to High School, first job, getting married, realizing you have bills, etc. the list goes on.

"This is the day which the Lord hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it."
-Psalm 118: 24  (KJV)
 

     About a month ago I had to go get my things that were still boxed up at my grandmothers house. We are almost two years into our "new" house, and still don't have room for everything, lol. When I got to my grandmother's to get my things I saw that the totes were covered in mold. Not how I planned to spend my night, but when I got home with everything I had to start going through everything to clean it before I could bring it in.
     I basically had to carry everything straight to the dumpster. Mold had gotten into the plastic totes, and onto everything. I know some are silly things, but it was my graduation cap and gown, coloring books, my sketch books, my paintings, my fabric and embroidery flosses, and all my 4-H ribbons; just to name some things.
     It's one thing to look back and realize that you have grown up and don't do these things anymore. It felt so much worse throwing it all away in the same breathe. Needless to say, I let myself have a good cry. In six years I went from having all this time to paint, sew, and read to now I am a mom and wife. Seeing my former hobbies in the dumpster made my life before my husband feel like a lifetime ago.
     I called my Pastor because I needed help being pulled out my small depressed funk that night. She reminded me everyday is new. I can go to the store, get a new coloring book, and color with my son. She was right. We all have to change. If we don't change we are not loving or following God. Each day is a new day! I am not who I once was, and that is not a bad thing it made me who I am today and for that I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment