Friday, September 25, 2015

Finding God in Disney!

     I am super excited! I am working on a lock-in/slumber party for the middle-high school girls in our area, and it has got me so inspired! This first slumber party is going to be Aladdin! That was my absolute favorite Disney movie growing up, and I believe that it has a very foundational starting point for young ladies in developing their relationship with Christ. I have spent the past two weeks pouring everything I have into this 15 hours I will have them. At first I was wondering how I would fill that, and now I'm wondering if I need to keep them longer, lol.
     My big thing is that my notebook looks like a war zone. I have so many ideas or information to show them that I'm starting to feel a little crazed. I truly wish I had a part time job so I could devote so much more time to ministry. I feel like I'm letting God down by not having enough time for Him and His work. I have absolute trust though that when it's time for me to change my day job arrangements for ministry God will tell me.
     I have actually been brainstorming the idea that I can take these Disney devotions and compile them into some kind of ministry book, because that's what I was looking for a couple of weeks ago to start this. Most important thing for a writer to remember: If what you want to read doesn't exist then you are meant to write it!
     My medication kicked in and I have been feeling so much better and upbeat! God is good all the time!...

     I want to bless everyone with an amazing weekend! Another class starts tomorrow for me so keep me in your prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment