Thursday, October 29, 2015

Check yourself

     The past two weeks I have been going through my facebook and pinterest pages. I am growing in my relationship with God, and things I used to do or say don't reflect me accurately today. Some days my language still catches me off guard. I do work at a company of truck drivers and we are human.
     The message Sunday got me thinking. I have recently been called out as living a lie because I don't share or like things on facebook that I would have before "becoming a church person." Becoming a Christian is not about "loosing yourself" or "becoming something you're not." I feel like that I am more "me" now than I ever have been in my life. I don't live with fear of the world disapproving of me. I have been accused of the cliché that I have changed since becoming a Christian....truth. You cannot become a follower of Christ without changing=impossible! The cliché is that these people think I have totally changed from me...
     I know myself better, I trust my "gut"/Holy Spirit, my faith is stronger, and I have let go of hurt and anger. Does that really make me a horrible person now? Just because I am not posting/liking/pinning vulgar/sexual things does not mean I am not me. If I had a daughter I would not  want her to post such things so why should I?
    I encourage you to go through the pages you've like on facebook and the things you've pinned on pinterest... Is that what you want to represent of yourself? I can be a Christian and cosplay- I did not take my cosplay board down.
  
     I am not forcing my way of life on anyone. I just want respected. I am not adding on things to follow Christ. I am peeling away the layers of the world that I had to add over time to exist here. That is not who I want to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment