Monday, February 9, 2015

My Goal

I was having an interesting conversation with a friend Friday about a debatable topic for Christians, and "what was the point". It gave me a startling realization of what I truly wanted to come about from my faith, witness, and the possibility of being a pastor. Then, Friday night I got to teach that same topic to some friends. I felt like I had accomplished something huge for God!
The past year has been like bang-bang-bang with my growth in my choices to follow God and figuring out my calling. I realized Friday what the point is. What MY point is.

     I want to break the stigma!
If I have to be a tattooed, female, purple-haired,street preacher to do it- by God's grace I will do it!
I want to show people that God loves them. I want to take God to people, not drag people to God.
"People" and "Christians" have put such a stigma and rules to being a Christian. That is so wrong!
^^This is what we have done to God.
We have put Him in a box. We tell people that they have to go to church to feel or be in the presence of God. "Sunday morning is your chance to experience Him."
That's a little too Old Testament don't you think?!
 
^^ This is what Jesus brought to us!
Jesus didn't preach in churches. He went to the people. He broke the stigmas of "religion."
He touched lepers and ate dinner with a tax collector.
Where exactly would we find Jesus today- this instant?!
In a church? Or in a hospital? At a rehab center?
Sharing a bench with a homeless veteran? Or eating 5star with the largest church donor?
 
That right there is what I want to do!!
You figure that people either don't believe in God because they either don't know about Him or have had a bad experience and it turned them away. I would guess to say that of those who have had a bad experience at least 60% of them was a bad experience with a church.
Sometimes Christians are the most judgmental of people. (Just saying.)
Instead of sharing the LOVE OF GOD they share "rules (tithing, attendance, appearance, etc.)."
 
It doesn't matter to God whether you have tattoos, read fiction, meet in a
bowling alley, or wear purple!! That is not the point Jesus taught us!!!
Jesus shared the Good News. The Good News is salvation of God's love!
Accept that He loves YOU! Teach others that He loves THEM!
God doesn't exist inside walls. He's everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment